Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2020

prettie poppies

On the 22nd Of April I made some poppies.
I made four small poppies and one big poppy.
They are really cool and were so easy to make.
Here is how to make them.

Small poppies.
What you will need:

  • Empty Egg Carton
  • Scissors or a craft knife
  • Hot glue gun
  • Paint  (green and red)
  • Vivid or black felt

How to make the small poppies:

  1. First take you egg carton and scissors or craft knife
  2. Cut out one of the egg holders.
  3. Once you think it is good, then cut out down the sides to make the petals of the poppy.
  4. Fold back the petals a tiny bit so it isn't closed
  5. Draw a little circle in the middle and colour it black.  Paint the rest of the poppy red
  6. You can hot glue them together if you want.
  7. Repeat with the rest of the egg carton.


How to make the big poppy

What you will need:
  • Cardboard
  • Crafting knife or scissors
  • Paint (red and green)
  • Hot glue gun
  • Vivid or black felt
  • Bamboo Stick


How to make it:

  1. Draw an outline with the pen on the cardboard (make sure there is enough room left for the stalk)
  2. Cut the poppy out
  3. Draw the stalk
  4. Cut out the stalk
  5. Draw a little circle in the middle
  6. Paint the stalk and the poppy in the red and green colours.
  7. Hot glue the poppy onto the stalk.
  8. If you want you can duct tape the stick on.
  9. You can make as many as you want.

Here are some pictures








4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Amelia! These poppies look amazing. You must have a very good arts and crafts supply at home. I like how you have written out your instructions so clearly too. How long did it take you to make the big one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs Carney it took me about 10 minutes to make the big poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that didn't take too long. Evelyn, Olive and I ended up making our poppies out of New World shopping bags. There was a lady on Breakfast (TV One morning news) showing how to do it. It was fun making them, even though I did pretty much most of the work :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Mrs Carney
    That is very cool. People from around the culde sack made some like that. It is a very good idea and I like it.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post