Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2020

rooftop game

For maths we are doing probability. We had to do a maths question or a maths game to do with probability. I choose to do a game .

         
Here is how to play:


This game is good because it gets you outside and is also good exercise.

How to play:

You will need:
Paper or writing book
If you are using paper, get a book so you can write properly
Pen or pencil

How to play:

Put down 6 colours that you think a roof will be.
Out of all the colours guess what colour you think might be the most likely colour roof
Stop at a house and check the roof colour. Mark it on your sheet.

Once you have finished your walk, add up the colours.

If your guess was right then well done.

What was the most popular?

What was the least popular?

 Hopefully this game was fun to play.

 .  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia
    Great blog about your Maths learning. I really enjoy your blogs because you cover all aspects of your learning, even in your blogs about Maths you are practicing your instructional writing techniques! I think the most popular colour for my area could be black then brown. I'm going to give this a go on my walk this afternoon. Do you know of other Maths games you can do outside?
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amelia, I really like the game that you have created for our group to play. I think that I will play this with my boys when we go out for a walk. Have you tried it out with your family?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mrs Bryce
    Yes I have tried it with my family.
    My mum and my sister guessed black was going to win and I guessed brown And Brown did win
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post