Pages

Monday 20 April 2020

Beautiful birthday cake

For my sisters birthday I made a Rainbow cake.
The colours I used were pink, yellow, green and blue.

If you want to make this cake here is how.

 Rainbow Cake

What you will need:
1 and a half cups of self raising flour.
Half a cup of plain flour
1 and a third cups of caster sugar
150g of melted butter
Half a cup + 6 tablespoons milk
Three eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

How to make it:

Preheat oven to 160c .

Line your four cake pans with baking paper.

In a large bowl combine your flours, sugar, vanilla, butter, milk and eggs.

Using a electric beater ,beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until just combined.

Then increase the speed to high for 3 minutes or until the mixture is thick and pale.

Next divide the batter into four bowls.

Add food colouring of choice to each bowl and mix well.

Put the mixture into your cake pans that you prepared earlier.

Bake for around 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack.



To make the chocolate ganach:

You will need:

250g dark chocolate
250 mls cream.

Heat the cream until just starting to boil.

Pour the cream over the chocolate,  wait two minutes, stir until combined.

Once the ganach has cooled, put one layer of cake on a plate.

Put the ganach on top.

Spread around and then add the other layer of cake on top.

Repeat with the reaming layers.

Put the rest of the gnash on top then spread it all the way to the edges , let it fall down the sides of the cake. Spread around.

Add your decorations then put it in the fridge to chill.

Once you are ready to eat,  take it out of the fridge and enjoy.

What four colours would you choose?







3 comments:

  1. Wow, Amelia! This looks amazing! I have never been brave enough to make a rainbow layer cake. Did it take you a long time? That was so thoughtful of you to make it for your sister. I bet that she loved it. Last year for Evleyn's 5th birthday she wanted me to make a Dr's Medical Bag! It was rather fun to make and I made Olive an orange cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amrlia. How are you? This blog looks great. This is so much fun to read. Corinne, my cat says hi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Corinne
    I am great how about you? Thank you so much my cats say hi to.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post