Pages

Wednesday 15 April 2020

whats in the bag?




What's in the bag? A Probability game

Probability is estimating and chances. 

For example, if I had a bag and inside where 4 blue marbles and 2 red marbles, it is more likely for me to get a blue marble than a red marble. That is because there are more blue marbles than red ones.

How to play the game of chance.


What you will need to play the game:
A bag or container
Lego or counters.

How to play:
In the bag put 2 Pink Lego bricks,  2 Blue Lego bricks and 2 Yellow Lego bricks.
Mix it together.
Next estimate what colour you think you will draw out first.
Repeat 6 times.
What was the highest percentage and what was the lowest percentage of bricks removed from the bag.


Here is my What's in the bag?

I put in 2 orange Lego bricks
2 green Lego bricks and 2 yellow Lego bricks 
 It is a one third chance for me to pull out one of the three colours.


First I thought I was going to get green but I got orange.


Next I thought yellow but I got orange. 


Then I thought green and got yellow. 


I then thought green and got green. 


I Thought orange but got green.


Next I thought orange and got orange.


As you can see I pulled out 3 orange 2 green and 1 yellow.


On drawing these out half  come out orange one third come out green and one sixth was yellow.


Here is my graph







3 comments:

  1. hi i think that was a very nice blog post I loved the graph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amelia, this is a great explanation about how you played the game. I really like the graph that you have made to show your results. Keep up the great blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amelia,
    Fantastic blog on the probability game! I liked how you actually used an object rather than a piece of paper with colour names on it, probably made it a bit more fun. You could also play this game with another person. I noticed some of the text has extended to the edge of the screen you can fix this by doing Ctrl Shift V. Do you know any other probability games?
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post